Playing easy acoustic guitar songs for beginners takes a lot of patience, perseverance and practice to be able to gain the skill. A lot of people believe that the guitar is one of the most difficult instruments to learn for you have to have a keen ear to be able to hear the correct notes.
Several people already started playing the guitar but gave up in the middle of the process. This may be due to lack of enthusiasm for playing, impatience, or wrong practice ethics. If you feel you are not getting any good at playing the guitar, do not lose hope. The more you practice, the bigger your chance of getting it right.
Practicing first on the song you like.
It is ideal to start practicing with easy acoustic guitar songs for beginners first. If you practice first on the song you like, dismissing the fact that it has complicated chords, you might not play it correctly. This will just lead to discouragement. In order to veer away from this, practice first on the songs you are familiar with that have easy and minimal chords.
Examples of easy guitar music for beginners are:
· Wonderwall by Oasis,
· Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton,
· Stand By Me by Ben King,
· Yellow by Coldplay,
· Free Falling by Tom Petty,
· Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynard,
· Come on Get Higher by Matt Nathanson
· You’re Beautiful by James Blunt.
Most of these songs are popular so it will be quite easy to strum to it. It helps if you listen to the song first so you can get to know how to strum the rhythm.
Easy acoustic guitar songs for beginners should have one up to two progressions only that is repeated over and over again throughout the entire song. This will give you a sense of achievement once you completed and perfected playing the easy songs.
It also hones the skill and helps you gain confidence in yourself and in playing the instrument. Play along with the song so you can follow the rhythm. For every new chord, you need to do a single strum. As for every individual chord, do half a strum, moving progressively towards a full strum. This technique lets you build on the individual elements first before you can play the entire song in just one go.
There are beginner acoustic guitar songs for kids too. Some examples are
· Loch Lomond,
· Oh Susanna,
· If You’re Happy
· You Know It,
· For What It’s Worth by Buffalo Springfield,
· Louie Louie by The Kingsmen
· Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple.
Other songs you can practice on while beginning to play the guitar are the
· Three Markenas by the Wallflowers,
· Hurt by Johnny Cash,
· Redemption by Bob Marley,
· Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd,
· Time of Your Life by Green Day,
· Wild Thing as Performed by the Troggs,
· Knocking on Heaven’s Door by Bob Dylan,
· Feeling Alright by Dave Mason,
· For What It’s Worth by Buffalo Springfield
· A Horse with No Name by America.
These are the easy acoustic guitar songs for beginners you can try.